Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Music

In the past few months I have been on a search for new "Christian" music. For many years the Christian music scene has been dominated by the likes of Michael W. Smith, Amy Grant, and a few others. (Not that they are bad mind you, just not for me in 2005) There were many why tried the market but it seemed that there was a lack of quality. There were plenty of schmatlzy, over produced, slicked up, "bands" out there but they all seemed to lack the edge of innovation. I found myself listening to alot of U2 and reading the spirituality that they put into their songs. A few months ago I finised a book titled "Walk On- The Spiritual Journey of U2" It was a great read and directed me on this search for meaning in the music that I was listening to. I learned that the memebers of U2 (minus baseist Adam Clayton) were all active Christians and their songs contained praises to the Lord as well as calls for social activisim. I started spening a lot of time in places like Lighthouse Christian Store, and Sonshine Christian Store and on the internet. I have run accross some great Christian music in the past few months and I would like to share them with you. Some of the artists that I regularly listen to include: Jeremy Camp, Chris Tomlin, Kutless, Switchfoot, Reliant K, Casting Crowns, Bethany Dillon, Hawk Nelson, Overflow, Tree 63, Building 429, Mercy Me, David Crowder Band. I encourage you to check out some of these artists who have dedicated themselves to making music that is pleasing to God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Hit Counter