Tuesday, March 22, 2005

The One Year Bible

As part of my seminary education, all of the students in my program are reading through The One Year Bible. If you are not familiar with this type of Bible it divides the entire text into 365 daily readings. One reading from the Old Testament, one from the New Testament, one from the Psalms and one from Proverbs. The readings take about 15min. and at the end of the year you have read the entire Bible. By the end of my seminary training, I will have read through the Bible 4 times. We also have a weekly discussion on-line about the readings and talk about how to apply the readings to our ministries. It is a great tool to help all Christians read, mark and inwardly digest God's word on a daily basis. As Paul writes in 2 Timothy, "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." (2 Tim. 3:16-17) I would encourage you to find time each day to be in the Word. If you are interest in checking out The One Year Bible you can find it on Amazon.com. The ISBN number for the NIV version that I have is 0-8423-2451-8. Good luck and let me know how it is going for you. In the future I would like to start our own on-line discussion using The One Year Bible. What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Hit Counter