Sunday, July 13, 2008

Mission Alaska Update

Hello to all. Our team is safe and sound in Wasilla Alaska. We are staying at Lamb of God Lutheran Church and they have wireless internet access. We are all doing well but are a bit sleep deprived. As I type this it is just after 10:00 PM local time and the kids are outside playing because the sun does not go down for another hour. It really is a trip to experience. And if you want to see it first hand we will be coming back next year, so send me an email and let me know that you would like to go.

Our preparations are going well and I have told the team that there seems to be two parts to our mission trips, VBS and Shopping. We find ourselves at the store multiple times a day. I think it would be annoying if it weren't for the wonderfulness that is Fred Meyer. For those of you who have ever set foot into one of these retail establishments you know what I mean. If Fred Meyer doesn't have it, you probably don't need it.

Our VBS programs start tomorrow and I am excited. I am looking forward to seeing what God has in store for us. Please pray for those kids that will be coming to our programs this week.

We have not had any major problems, but we did have to exchange one of our mini-vans when, after a freak encounter with a rock, the back window was smashed. There is a good story here but this is not the time or place to share. Ask me when we get home. It involves cut up railroad tie, a basketball, some physics, and a great right arm. Once again I am grateful that we purchase the Loss Damage Waver on all of our rentals.

I hope to be able to post some pictures later this week but I wanted to let you all know that we are doing great. I will ask if a few of the others would like to post later this week as well. Until then...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Hit Counter